Can anything good come from this? –– Yes
By Mark Lubbock
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
–– Jeremiah 29:11
The past 13 months have been a worldwide challenge.
We have been forced to abandon comfortable routines and thousands are in pain or dying.
Where is God?
He is here and waiting. Here is some of the evidence:
- For the first time in my memory, UM Men gathered together in concerts of prayer that spanned the nation; they did so all year long.
- UM Men helped break down the walls of racism by connecting with and praying with leaders of three African-American Methodist denominations.
- UM Men published important devotions and study books.
- UM Men reintroduced the practice of Wesley Class Meetings which led to major revivals and renewals across the decades.
- UM Men launched the first regional, national and international New Year’s Watch Night services.
- The list of important advances by UMM would take several more pages to enumerate.
The point is simply that God has answered our prayers.
The undisputable evidence is that God is moving powerfully in our lives and inviting us to trust Him. The Bible makes it clear that until Christ’s return the world will always have troubles. His Word also ensures us that He will be with us until the end of the age.
Take heart, look forward with anticipation, and participate in this great movement of God. Be a part of the life of the church in a new way. Let us help you discover your purpose and equip you through training and resources.
Contact me or the commission for details.
Mark Lubbock, deployed staff member
General Commission on UM Men