By Steve Nailor
As I enter the last year of my four-year term as president of the National Association of Conference Presidents, I pause to give thanks for the life-changing ministries I have been privileged to witness. Each of these ministries have helped men grow in Christ so others may know Christ.
While there are still many things yet to be accomplished, it’s good to take the time to celebrate our ministries with partner organizations.
- Young people have gained skills and sharpened their life foci through Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts USA, Big Brothers-Big Sisters and Campfire USA.
- People in desperate need of help have received prayer support from conference prayer advocates and their support teams in districts and local churches.
- Elected officers of UM Men organizations have received guidance from attending the NACP meeting, on-line training and webinars
- Men of all ages have a better understanding of the culture that dehumanizes women and provides ways to support them through “Mending through Faith” courses.
- Men have had their lives enriched through experiences with “No Man Left Behind” and “Lead Like Jesus” courses.
- Inmates in state prisons have found hope and redemption though Disciple Bible study.
- Men’s ministry specialists have enabled neighboring churches to expand their ministries to men in their churches and communities.
- Scouting ministry specialists have encouraged churches to charter Scout organizations and minister to youth in their communities with other youth-serving organizations.
- Children and youth in Haiti have received the gift of hearing.
- Thousands of hungry people have received free food through gleaning efforts and potato drops sponsored by the Society of St. Andrews and meal packaging events sponsored by Rise Against Hunger.
- People without the ability to walk have received hand-crank carts through Mobility Worldwide.
- People in the U.S. Armed Forces and first responders on local communities have received Strength for Service books of daily devotions.
Steve Nailor, president
National Association of Conference Presidents of UM Men