By Mark Lubbock
"The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."
––2 Timothy 2:2
In my annual conference there are 28 percent fewer men than women. Yet our state census shows men and women’s population as virtually even.
A Swiss scientific study determined that when the father was a regular church attender 82 percent of the children became attenders. When dad was not a regular attender, only 3 percent of the children came faithfully.
The single greatest impact on church growth can come from developing an intentional process to reach and connect men to Jesus Christ through your local church. The Center for Men’s Ministry and certified men’s ministry specialists can work with your church to develop a custom process irrespective of your location or demographics.
When your church engages in a partnership with the Center for Men’s Ministry you gain access to incredible resources:
- Children’s and Youth Ministry –– Partner with Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. Campfire and Big Brothers - Big Sisters.
- Women’s Ministry –– Work together with UM Women and support their activities.
- Join with UM Women and discover resources for women’s ministry.
- Adult Ministry –– Receive training, participate in studies, attend events and discover how-to guides for a variety of adult activities.
- Fathering –– Engage in fatherhood training, father/children activities, and fatherhood studies.
- Marriage –– Learn how to have a career and children, and still be a world-class husband.
- Grandfathering –– Discover ways to become a world-class grandfather, a father to the fatherless, and develop mentoring skills.
- Hunger –– Partner with Society of St. Andrew to provide millions of servings of fresh food to hungry people, or partner with Rise Against Hunger to provide dehydrated meals to people in emergency situations.
- Community –– Participate in community programs to serve those in need around the world.
- Christian Leadership Development –– Engage in one of the best Christian leadership courses in the nation.
- Abuse Prevention –– Participate in “Amending through Faith”, an eight-session training experience designed to reduce domestic violence.
- Small Group Formation –– Receive information on how to lead a John Wesley’s Class Meeting.
- Accountability Groups –– Receive training on how to lead a John Wesley Band Meeting.
Invite me to come speak to your church leadership team. Let’s explore wonderful possibilities for your church and your district.
Mark Lubbock, a certified men’s ministry specialist and deployed staff member \
General Commission on UM Men